Seared beef with various dips and sauces.
- about 1 pnd beef, in paperthin slices
- 1/2 pnd shirataki noodles
- 1 block of tofu, cubed
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 8 fresh shitakes, sliced
- 4 chinese cabbage leaves
- 1 pce konbu (dried seaweed)
- For the sesame dip
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sake
- 4 tbsp soysauce
- 1 tbsp japanese mustard (wasabi)
- 1/2 cup lemonjuice of ponzu
- 1/2 cup soysauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Other stuff
- some spring onion, minced
- For cooking use a Mongolian firepot or a heavy cast iron pan.
For the Ponzu, mix all ingredients.
Cook shirataki according to package and cut in pieces of 4 inches and drain.
Cut op cabage in squares of 2 inches.
Clean konbu and quarter.
Bring to a boil 1, 1,5 liters of water with konbu, remove when the boiling starts. Then bring to table with table heaters to keep water hot.
The prepare your own meal by 'cooking' cabbage, beef, tofu, etc. and eating it with the dips. The dips should be used with some spring onion.
After the meal the water should have become a hearty soup with plenty flavour, use some extra soy or miso to make it tastier and saltier.